Chicken kebabs are so easy and great for summer, but any time of the year really.
This recipe made about 12 kebabs. My husband had 4, my friend and I had 3 each and the kids had one each.
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/3 cup vinegar (white)
1-2 teaspoon oregano (fresh or dry)
2 cloves garlic
1 red onion cut into chunks so that you can skewer them later
1. Make marinade in seal proof container (plastic ones with the lids that are good, tupperware type things)
2. Cut 2 chicken breasts into chunks and place in the marinade and place in the fridge for 3 hours minimum.
3. 30 mins before you are ready to start assembling the skewers soak them in water for 30 mins so they don't burn when you put them on the grill.
4. Choose your favourite vegetables and cut into chunks that can be put on skewers. I like to use different coloured peppers (capsicum) and pineapple, along with the onion that is in the marinade.
5. Assemble your skewers, alternating the veggies and chicken etc.
6. Grill on a hot plate or bbq grill until cooked.
7. I like to serve with steamed rice and salad, or grilled potato and salad.
Review- I have made these so many times and they are always a hit with the kids and the adults. The only thing that *some* children don't like is the red onion (and some fussy kids don't like the pineapple).
other things you could add to the kebabs are things like zucchini and mushrooms. I also use the same marinade for lamb kebabs.