This is a beautiful, quick and easy recipe taken from Jamie Oliver's book "30 Minute Meals".
6 Small deep shortcrust pastry cases
100gm ground almond
90g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste (I used essence, tasted great)
1/2 a 350g jar of raspberry jam (that's an estimate, I used less)
1 tub of thickened cream or creme freche to serve
1. Turn your oven to 190c
2. Put 6 pastry cases on a baking tray
3. Make the frangipane mixture by cracking the egg into a mixing bowl and adding the almonds, butter and sugar. Grace over the zest of 1/2 an orange and add the vanilla. Use a spoon to mix everything together.
4. Spoon a teaspoon of jam into each pastry base. Top with a heaped teaspoon (I didn't heap it as my cases weren't deep) of frangipane. Add another spoonful of jam and finish with one more spoonful of frangipane.
5. Place the tray into the oven on the middle shelf and set the timer for 18 minutes.
6. When the tarts are golden and cooked, take them out and serve warm with the cream
Heirloom Tomato Avocado Toast With Balsamic Drizzle
22 hours ago