Friday, February 12, 2010

Mexican Style Chicken


This is adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine. They added some rice and red kidney beans, and chicken stock (to cook the rice) I did not. ( I will post a picture when I am on next)

Preheat oven to 180 fan forced or 200 celcius.

Serves 2 adults 2 children (2-3 drumsticks per adult)
Chicken drumsticks
olive oil
jar (around 300 mls) tomato salsa (I used a mild one)
1 capsicum (pepper) sliced
300-400ml tin tomatoes, diced
1/2 red onion diced
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper

Place all ingredients into an oven proof dish and cook for around 50 mins, turning the chicken over half way if you want both sides to be crispy.
I served with what I had which was potatoes but you could serve it with rice (or put the rice in the dish and into the oven).

Was simple to throw together, and very very tasty.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds (and looks) delish! I may give it a whirl soon!

    Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love chicken cooked with tomatoes, so many different ways you can do it. And cooked tomatoes are so good for you!

    ReplyDelete