Love this recipe, its from a Family Circle cookbook called Cooking: a commonsense guide.
125g butter (4 oz)
1/2 cup (4 oz/125 g) caster sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 1/2 cups (or roughly 4 bananas) mashed ripe bananas
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2 cup milk (4 fl oz or 125 ml)
2 cups (250 g/8oz) self raising flour
125g (4 oz) butter
3.4 cup (90g/3oz) icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
I also added a few drops of vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 180c (350F)
2. Grease a 20cm (8inch) cake tin (I use a rectangle, you can use whatever though)
3. Using beaters or food processor beat the butter and sugar until light and creamy.
4. Add the eggs that have been lightly beaten gradually.
5. Add the vanilla essence, mashed banana and beat until combined.
6. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Dissolve the bicarb soda in the milk (in a separate bowl or cup).
7. Using a metal spoon, fold in the sifted flour (sift into a separate bowl) alternatley with the milk into the large mixing bowl with the other mixture. Stir until the ingrediants are just combined and smooth.
8. Spoon mixture into tin and smooth the surface.
9. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake. (my oven is fan forced, it took around 40-45 mins). Leave the cake in the tin for 10 mins before turning onto a wire rack.
10. to make frosting- beat the butter, icing sugar and lemon juice with beaters until smooth and creamy. Spread onto the cooled cake.
STORAGE- the un iced cake can be kept for one week in an airtight container. Or you can freeze it un iced for up to a month. I store it with the icing in the fridge and keep it for up to 4 days, although its usually all eaten by then :P
Cilantro Lime Skillet Chicken
10 hours ago