Monday, July 20, 2009

Italian Chicken Casserole


This was based loosely on a recipe I found on the Masterchef Australia website from Campbells using their chicken stock.


Now the recipe that follows is what I used for 12 drumsticks (so for 2 nights worth, you would probably cut the quantities of some things down, so I will write that next to what I used).


preheat oven to 220c or 428 F

12 chicken drumsticks (recipe called for 8 for 4 people)


1 onion chopped


2-3 cloves garlic chopped


1 zucchini chopped


3 potatoes chopped


2 carrots chopped(recipe said 1)


I also added


1/2 red capsicum (pepper)


1/3 bunch celery or 2 stalks I guess


4 mushrooms




1/3 cup plain flour


1/4 cup red wine


500 mls chicken stock


4 tablespoons tomato paste (tomato puree)


salt and pepper for seasoning


I used dried herbs as I didn't have any fresh ones on hand, i didn't measure this but I am guessing it was around 1 tablespoon of each of these


basil
thyme

oregano


1. Cook chicken in pan/dish on the stove for around 5 mins or until just brown on the outside


2. Add in onion, garlic cook for a minute


3. Add in vegetables and cook for a few minutes (I had WAY too much for my small saucepan so I couldn't do this as long or as well as I wanted)


4. Combine in a jug the wine, 1/3 cup plain flour, stock, tomato paste and herbs


5. Pour juices into the pan and place in the oven for around 45 mins or until chicken is cooked.


I served with rice, you could serve with pasta or some nice crunchy bread too




No comments:

Post a Comment